Saturday, October 27, 2007

World Series Impressions - Game 3

First World Series game in Denver! Went into town and checked the scene out. Kind of apropos that I took a picture with a big Boston shirt right in front...doh! Didn't have tickets, didn't try too hard as I figured if I was meant to get them I would have gotten them online (probably a bad assumption as I knew no one who actually got tickets on the ticket day!). Anyway a great festive atmosphere. Lots of Rockies fans, lots of purple, silver, and black! Lots of Boston colors too. Bit chilly but overall a beautiful day for baseball in the Mile High City. Was amazed to see all the people wanting tickets. One Boston fan was waving a $1,000 (10 $100 bills) trying to find a single ticket. WOW! The place was hoping...to be frank...I was a bit sad that I couldn't go in. It would have been fun. The game, well not so fun for the Roxs. I really thought they'd get home and get the bats swinging again. Unfortunately once again our bats were quiet. We did briefly flirt with our previous ways closing a 6 - 0 deficit to 6 - 5 but then promptly gave it back and ended up losing 10 - 5. Down 3 - 0 I think the Roxs days our numbered.

No comments: