Sunday, September 21, 2008

Yankee Stadium No More

And the stadium goes silently into the night.  Probably deserved another World Series but no final season luck.  Visited the stadium once back on June 10, 2004 when the Roxs played the Yanks in a 3 game series.  I caught the afternoon game and watched Flaherty demolish the Roxs. The Roxs got swept in there only appearance at the stadium.  

I wasn't too impressed by the whole affair.  Got there by taking the subway.  Was able to check out the monument park which was a great tribute.  Other than that the stadium just didn't feel very intimate.  The wacky outfield dimensions was goofy.  The crowd was so New Yorkish and the $9 beers were a bit much.  I do have to admit that my opinion of Yankee Stadium was in contrast to going to Fenway the following day!  Now Fenway is a baseball park!

Anyway I am glad to have seen the House that Ruth built because it is a National Baseball Landmark.  I am sure the new stadium will be very nice but it is a shame that some stadiums have to go.

No comments: