- Pacheco has made himself the Rox starting third baseman. With a 11 game hitting streak with his return to the majors and game winning RBI in Game 1 I imagine Tracy will be penciling him into the lineup fairly regularly. He is still a little raw in the field but hitting can make up for errors (?)
- Ancient history but these same two teams played one other doubleheader, a sweep by Colorado on Set. 14, 1993, at Mile High Stadium in Denver.
- Coors Field special with this score line (Astros score, Rox respond, Astros score some more, Rox keep at it):
- For whatever reason I still go back to triples and Coors. I have seen more triples hit in the gap between left and center this year then I can remember. Today there were two more in the first inning, hit almost in the same spot. I wonder if baseball would allow a 4th outfielder for Coors with a discontinuation of the humidor? Coors is only 6th in park factors when it comes to triples with Petco, Oakland, Target, Marlins, and Miller field yielding more triples per game
- After 400 minutes of baseball yesterday at Coors, Rox came away with two wins. First time that I have sat through 18 innings of baseball. Wasn't for the faint of heart. Really this year as felt like a time machine back to the Blake Street Bombers.
- Not for sure if this is meaningful but the average number of pitches thrown from our relievers this year is about 60 pitches.
- According to Baseball Reference's Batting Game Score, Dex had the second best score of the day with his 4 AB, 3 runs, 4 hits (HR, 3B), 3 RBI day. Of course 3 of the Top 10 were a COL/HOU game and 2 of the Bottom 10 were also a COL/HOU game, go figure.
- Props to Dex. He has my wrath a disproportional amount of my time but he is so crucial to this team's ability to score runs. Fowler, who went 7 for 9 and reached base nine times, in his return to the top of the batting order, allowed Rox to score 16 times in two games.
- And finally a confusing play in the fourth when Colvin seemingly hit into a double play only to be called safe. Colvin was then given first base due to catcher's interference. Second time this year that has happened. Very unusual...