Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Box Score Bytes - Game 90

- Game 25 of the Great Tracy Experiment: Record 10-15. Friedrich goes 4.2 innings. Throws 83 pitches. Pitches great for four innings then loses it all in the 5th with two walks.  Starter's record is now 4-12 with 9 no decisions and a bullpen record of 6-3.

- First game I've been to in a while and I have to believe Colorado is the home of the Anti-Fan.  What I mean by this is as the team gets worse more people show up.  Rox now sit 20 games under .500 and yet 42,574 fans showed up to watch.  Now if the Dodgers or Braves were in town I could understand but I don't think there are that many Pittsburgh fans living in Denver.  I understand the Steeler following but last time I checked the Pirates hadn't had a winning season in 20 years.  It was a beautiful night for baseball but how exactly are we going to get change if people continue to come out in droves?  What exactly are we showing up for?

- Rox get beat by a guy who entered with a 4-10 record.  Of course Rox helped out by leaving the bases loaded three times, leaving 13 men on base, and not having a hit with runner's in scoring position.

- Rox got another triple as Rutledge got his first.  Rox now have 34 triples with 12 Rox each having at least one...


No comments: